A growing list of magazines, newspaper articles and books from all over the world have featured the CatBib within their news articles praising its effectiveness to help prevent cats from hunting, attacking and killing birds.
January 2017: A New Zealand news paper ‘Times-Age’ publishes an informative case study from a local resident Mrs Ward, who has outfitted her cat (Teddy Bear) with a CatBib when other cat collar and bells weren’t working. “Mrs. Ward was skeptical at first, but quickly realized how successful it would be. ‘I kept thinking it (the CatBib) was going to be a nuisance, but found when he grooms himself, he grooms the bib as well.” Thanks Mrs. Ward, for doing your part in saving birds!
September 2016: Considering a career in animal care? Our friends at Open Colleges have interesting career choices including cats and birds, have Expert Advice, and are advocates of the CatBib. See their feed HERE
May 2016: The Australasian Bat Society is promoting the CatBib to protect microbats from Cats. Read about it HERE
January 2016: The BBC features the CatBib in a series titled “Worlds Wierdest Events”. Episode #4
October 2015: A reader get’s here question answered on ‘The Telegraph’. “How do I get my cat to stop killing birds?” – Read about it HERE
May, 2014 Tai Moses features CatBib in her new book Zooburbia: Meditations On The Wild Animals Among Us, just out from Parallax Press. The CatBib is mentioned in Chapter 16, “Peaceable Kingdom”. Zooburbia is featured in the May 2014 edition of O: The Oprah Magazine as one of “Ten Titles to Pick Up Now.”
November 2013: A United Kingdom product review magazine, with the funny name, WHICH?, features the CatBib in the article “Why songbirds are declining”. Thanks!
August 10, 2012 NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO interviews Dr Kerrie Anne Loyd, University of Georgia. She’s the researcher who put kitty cameras on cats to see what they do when outdoors. She recommends using the CatBib to stop cats from killing wildlife. ” Listen to the interview.
March/April 2012 issue Wildbird magazine:
Lynda McLaughlin writes: “Our bibbed felines can frolic outdoors, and the wild birds can feed while enjoying the protection that the CatBibs provide. It just feels like the right thing to do.”
More CatBib Mentions In The News
- March 7, 2011 Dr. Pete Wedderburn, “Pete the Vet” from Bray, Ireland recommends the CatBib on TV! Pete The Vet is the regular Wednesday morning vet on Ireland AM, TV3
- February 24, 2011 Dr. Pete Wedderburn in his column, Pets Subjects, for The Telegraph, a London newspaper, recommends the CatBib to stop cats from killing birds.
- September 30, 2010 Garden columnist, Adrian Higgins, talks of cats, birds and the CatBib as a solution to the problem, in his article “Bird lovers see roaming cats as a threat to many species”
- March 2010 Johns Hopkins University Press, “URBAN CARNIVORES: Ecology, Conflict, and Conservation” (Hardcover) by Stanley D. Gehrt (Editor), Seth P.D. Riley (Editor), Brian L. Cypher (Editor) – The CatBib begins the chapter on The Ecology of Dogs and Cats.
- August 2009 Rodale Press, “WHOLE GREEN CATALOG: 1,000 Best Things for you and the Earth” by Michael W. Robbins, Wendy Palitz, Bill McKibben, Renee Loux – features the CatBib in the chapter on “Greening Your Pet”.
- April 2008: Prevention magazine – Save the birds By Rebecca Skloot. Feline predators can cause serious ecosystem damage–it’s estimated that domestic cats kill hundreds of millions of birds each year. So consider the CatBib (about $11; catgoods.com), a brightly colored barrier to your cat’s paws that interferes with hunting ability.
- Jan-Feb 2008 “Disarming Cats” Audubon Magazine
- Sept 2007 Conservation Magazine, Vol.8, No. 3, July-Sept. 2007, pp35-36
- July 2007 CatBib field trial published Biological Science,Vol. 137, Issue 3, July 2007
- April-June 2007 Top Twenty five Hottest Articles Biological Conservation
- May 26, 2007 “Bibs for cats could cut toll on wildlife” The Guardian, United Kingdom
- April 18, 2007 “Anti-hunting bib keeps cats in check” Cosmos, The science magazine
- April 11, 2007 “Bib that saves wildlife from marauding moggies” ScienceNetwork Western Australia
- April 4, 2007 “Bib reduces cat attacks” Science Alert Australia and New Zealand
Click here to read about our happy customers and their testimonials about how effective the CatBib was for them, their cats and saving the life of birds.